Elder Bowen is serving in the Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission. He is teaching in the Spanish language.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Another Transfer gone


Well, that was a fast transfer. Elder P became assistant at transfer meeting this week, so that was pretty exciting. He was a fun Elder to be with, we got a long super well, it just went by too fast. Elder S is amazing, my new companion. He was trained by Elder F, my first Zone Leader, who told me my second transfer when he was training him that we would be companions, pretty cool. He is from Orem, Utah, and also went to BYU and stayed in May hall. We have a lot of fun together. We did have a little rough of a beginning though. We did not have to much success finding people at the beginning of the week, and we actually ended up leaving more blessings than either of us have ever left before in a week. It was kind of sad because we just did not find many cool people out of it. We had one day where we left 11 blessings, and either no one was responding , or they were Spanish. The Sisters in our area were able to capitalize on the Spanish we blessed and they have some cool people to teach now. But finally, after a long time of knocking doors and talking to everyone we could see, and getting a lot of negativity, and then finally on the 12th blessing, we saw a miracle happen. We found saw a home with a truck, and Elder S said it looked English, and I said no, it looks like a Spanish home. We went up to it, and we were both right. They were of Spanish decent, but spoke English. She opened the door, and then her husband drove up as we were talking to her. They both were excited for baptism when we extended, and have been looking on where to go, they just moved in, and had a new baby. We are super excited for them. It was a good weekend, where we did a lot of looking inward, and finding how we can improve. We saw so many miracles as we humbled ourselves, and just put the Love of others and of God before anything else. I love this work, and I love how it makes me grow. God always has a plan, and he works in mysterious ways, that always seem to make us grow in amazing ways. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that he knows us, and exactly what we go through. I love him. I love you all, and the example you give me.

Elder Wesley Christopher Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment