Elder Bowen is serving in the Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission. He is teaching in the Spanish language.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Miracle Week


This week was a week of miracles for us! We were slightly discouraged at first, because we hadn't had anyone in sacrament for 2 weeks, so we went out and found people right away. We had a lot of good things happen. We decided we wanted to go out and declare repentance to everyone, and to also serve everyone and everything. We had multiple amazing experiences. One family we had been teaching for a little while, but the girls had only come to church once, we were having problems reaching. We stopped by on Saturday for one more try, and the mom was home. We happen to ask if we could clean her car, and she said yes. We cleaned her car and talked to her for a while. It was awesome. She really opened up to us. She then went and picked up her girls and let them go to the Young Women's Broadcast on Saturday night. The girls had an amazing time, and then were baptized the next day after church. It was such an amazing experience. Then we had an investigator call us on Saturday morning and tell us that he couldn't come to church because he couldnt leave his pastor, and he asked us not to stop by anymore. We were heartbroken because we had an amazing experience meeting him, so we told him to Pray about it. He did and he called us back like 3 hours later, and asked us to come by. We came by and he expressed how excited he was to come to church, and new that God had been preparing him for this baptism. We are so excited for the amazing miracles that God is providing, and we know that it is him guiding the work here.

In the Book of Mormon I studied a lot about the humility and diligence this week, really trying to understand even greater those principles. I also read a little more around, and read in Mosiah 4:11 an amazing verse. I was so excited when I read the verse. It all started to connect a little bit more for me. It made me think about the training Sister Anderson gave about gratefulness, and I realized how intertwined being thankful and grateful are to humility and diligence. I am so grateful for the time that I am able to serve here, and will keep giving it my BEST!
I know that God loves us all, and he wants the best for us, and is always giving us the things that we need, even the trials we need, to be able to grow and become as he sees us. I love this work so much and I know that it is the greatest thing that I have ever done. I love you all, and thank you so much

Elder Wesley Christopher Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment